Water is essential for life, but not all water is created equal. While tap water is generally safe to drink, it can contain harmful contaminants that can put your health at risk. The best way to ensure that your drinking water is clean and safe is to use a water filter. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best water filters on the market and what you need to know before you buy.
Why Use a Water Filter?
There are several reasons why you might want to use a water filter in your home. Here are some of the most common:
- Remove Contaminants: Water filters can remove a variety of contaminants from your drinking water, including bacteria, viruses, lead, and other harmful chemicals.
- Improve Taste: In addition to removing contaminants, water filters can also improve the taste and smell of your drinking water. This can make it more enjoyable to drink and encourage you to stay hydrated.
- Save Money: Using a water filter can be a more cost-effective alternative to buying bottled water. With a water filter, you can enjoy clean and safe drinking water without having to spend money on expensive bottled water.
- Reduce Environmental Impact: By using a water filter, you can reduce the amount of plastic waste generated by bottled water. This can help to reduce your environmental impact and protect the planet.
What to Look for in a Water Filter
When shopping for a water filter, there are several factors to consider. Here are some of the most important:
- Type of Filter: There are several types of water filters on the market, including carbon filters, reverse osmosis filters, and UV filters. Each type of filter has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to choose the one that best meets your needs.
- Contaminant Removal: Different water filters are designed to remove different types of contaminants. Before you buy a water filter, it’s important to know what contaminants are present in your water so that you can choose a filter that will effectively remove them.
- Filter Life: The lifespan of a water filter can vary depending on the type of filter and how much water it filters. Be sure to check the manufacturer’s specifications to determine how long a filter will last before it needs to be replaced.
- Cost: Water filters can vary in price from less than $20 to several hundred dollars. While cost shouldn’t be the only factor you consider, it’s important to choose a water filter that fits your budget.
The Best Water Filters on the Market
Clean drinking water is essential for maintaining good health. Unfortunately, tap water can often contain harmful chemicals and contaminants that can pose a risk to our health. The best way to ensure that your drinking water is safe and free from contaminants is by using a water filter. In this article, we will explore the best water filters available on the market today.
- Brita Everyday Pitcher
The Brita Everyday Pitcher is a popular choice for those looking for an affordable and effective water filter. This pitcher can hold up to 10 cups of water and uses a carbon filter to remove impurities like chlorine, mercury, and copper from your tap water. The filter can be replaced every 40 gallons or every two months, whichever comes first. The Brita Everyday Pitcher is easy to use and requires no installation, making it a great option for those who are renting or don’t want to commit to a permanent fixture.
- APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
For those who want the ultimate in water filtration, the APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System is the best water filter on the market. This system uses a five-stage filtration process to remove up to 99% of contaminants, including arsenic, lead, fluoride, chlorine, and more. The system also includes a high-capacity, food-grade calcium carbonate filter that adds beneficial minerals back into the water. The APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System is a more expensive option, but it provides the most comprehensive water filtration available.
- PUR Faucet Mount Water Filtration System
The PUR Faucet Mount Water Filtration System is a great option for those who want a water filter that is easy to install and does not take up any counter space. This system attaches directly to your faucet and uses a carbon filter to remove impurities like lead, chlorine, and other contaminants from your water. The filter can be replaced every two to three months, depending on your usage. The PUR Faucet Mount Water Filtration System is a convenient and affordable option for those who want to improve the quality of their drinking water.
- Berkey Water Filter System
The Berkey Water Filter System is a top-of-the-line option for those who want a water filter that can handle even the toughest contaminants. This system uses a gravity-fed filtration process that removes up to 99.999% of viruses and bacteria, as well as heavy metals like lead and mercury, and other contaminants like pesticides and pharmaceuticals. The system can hold up to 2.25 gallons of water and does not require any electricity or plumbing. The Berkey Water Filter System is a more expensive option, but it provides the highest level of water filtration available.
- Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System
The Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System is a great option for those who want a water filter that is installed under their sink and out of sight. This system uses a three-stage filtration process that removes up to 99% of contaminants, including chlorine, lead, and other harmful chemicals. The system includes a faucet that is installed on your sink, so you can access clean, filtered water whenever you need it. The filter can be replaced every six months, depending on your usage. The Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System is a convenient and effective option for those who want a permanent water filtration solution.
In conclusion, using the best water filter is essential for maintaining good health. Tap water can contain harmful chemicals and contaminants that can pose a risk to our health.